Drive Grid Marks the spot!
We are excited to be able to announce that we are now sole suppliers of the Drive Ground Reinforcement Grid in Dorset, an exciting new innovation in the field of landscaping. Now also being Distributors of Groundworks, Civil engineering and Landscaping products.
What is Drive Grid?
The Drive Grid has been specially engineered to assist in the delicate task of ground reinforcement. Its purpose is to provide stability and solidity to a surface whilst preserving the ground that is in use. The grid’s design allows for water to pass through, ensuring that surfaces stay dry and that the ground underneath stays properly moisturised. Constructed from 100% recycled plastics, and manufactured in Britain the Drive Grid is perfect for the economically and ecologically minded. The simple and intuitive design of the Drive Grid makes it suitable for professionals and amateur landscapers alike. It has plenty of utility and will help improve many landscaping projects.
The main use that the Drive Grid is designed for is to be used to create large areas that are suitable for car parking. The structure of the Drive Grid is incredibly resilient and is more than capable of withstanding the pressure of many cars. To this end, we also sell markers which can be used to delineate parking bays. Once the grids have been placed, gravel, sand or soil can be placed over the top. This makes the Drive Grid a remarkable alternative to tarmac or concrete, whose removal requires a costly and lengthy process and often permanently damages the ground.
Other projects where the Drive Grid would be useful include, but are not limited to: gravel driveways, access roadways and footpaths. The Drive Grid is offered in a selection of colours, allowing you to develop the aesthetic of your project down to the smallest detail.
- Drive Grid's permeability permits the surface water to run through the grids, right back to the water table
- Sustainable Urban Drainage Systems known as SUDS and Flood and Water Management Act 2010 compliant
- Capable of supporting 350 tonnes/m² and has a vehicle compression strength in excess of 10 tonnes axle load
- Tested by an independent test house as meeting the requirements for DIN 1072
- UV & Weather resistant
- Available in a variety of colours to suit landscaping requirements
- Cost effective, especially when purchased in bulk
- Local production and recycled material means a low carbon footprint
- The X-Grid® is also recyclable.
- Sown grass can easily be mowed with the Drive Grid in place
- Lightweight and versatile at only 0.57kgper panel
- Each panel measures 500x500x40mm, easily handled by one person
- 4 panels lock together to create one square metre, weighing just 5.0kgs
- Uninstalling the Drive Grid is a simple matter of clearing off the covering material and picking the grids up
- All panels interlock together to create a large surface area for your landscaping
- Installation is simple: 100m² can be laid in one hour, given practice
- Start by marking out the area needed, clearing and smooth the space
- Work out how many Drive Grids are required
- Start in a corner and work your way outwards until every panel has been laid
- Cover the area in the material of your choosing and smooth out.
- If you wish to grow grass, seed the soil and allow time for the grass to grow. After a few weeks, the grass will have covered the layer of Drive Grids
- For our full installation guide please visit our Drive Grid installation and technical specification guide.
If you want any further information about Drive Grid Ground Reinforcement, please contact a member of our sales team on 07713 800610 and we will be more than happy to discuss your requirements.